Entrepreneurship is a bumpy road...

Ever have a day where you question absolutely everything that you’re doing and wonder if it’s all worth it?  I am definitely having one of those days – mostly because I’m having to rethink my entire marketing plan after encountering a few “road blocks” that I had not anticipated.  I’m not too concerned that I was blindsided, because no one could have seen this coming, but I do find that I’ve taken people’s responses personally, even when they were not intended that way.  The people I have been dealing with have been nothing but courteous and professional and yet I find myself taking their rejection personally – I honestly feel like I’ve been dumped! Haha

So now, I’m sitting at my computer, thinking to myself: now what? Time to get creative with my marketing!  At least with that particular avenue closed it frees up a lot of my marketing budget!    Time to brainstorm!  The entrepreneur in me does love a challenge…

I guess today’s lesson to anyone starting their own business is that there are always going to be set backs and it’s ok to wallow for a bit, but never take your eyes off the big picture.  Always remember why you’re doing what you’re doing and work towards your goals one step at a time.  If you approach your goals that way you’re (hopefully) less likely to feel completely overwhelmed – you’re just whelmed :P

No comments:

Post a Comment