To be or not to be... Canadian?

We had our last class on marketing today at SEEDS (Self Employment Entrepreneur Development Society – seedsbdc.com – excellent program if you want to start your own business).  I’m going to miss marketing! And not just because the rest of our classes are going to be harder and taking us closer day by day to the presentation we have to make to a panel of local business bigwigs! –although that is a big part of it! Haha

I’ve been thinking a lot about whether or not to gear the site towards Canadians and really push the fact that HRN is developed by a Canadian specifically for the Canadian market. I would appreciate people’s input on this.  Would you be more likely to purchase from a site because it’s Canadian? Or would you pick the site that is more functional and a better value regardless of where it was developed?  I ask because I don’t want this site to be exclusionary, I don’t believe in that. I’m going to be marketing to Canadians because that is the market I’m familiar with and can reach right now, but at the same time I’m certainly not going to turn away clients from another country!  So please, tell me if the Canadian aspect makes a difference to you. 

A major mindset of the site is wanting people to participate and feel like they have a voice, a say in the direction the site goes.  I want to know what people think of the site and if they have any suggestions for improvement.  After all, I am creating it to make life easier for horse people on the internet.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment