Horse Rescue Organizations

Between yesterday and today I’ve sent out 20-30 letters and emails to horse rescue organizations throughout Canada.   I used to volunteer at the SPCA (until I adopted a puppy... who didn’t see that one coming!) and I loved it there.  It’s sad, of course, that some people treat their animals badly, but the love and attention they receive from the volunteers and the way the animals can bounce back from their hardship is just amazing.  Anywho, I really wanted to start helping out again but starting a new business kind of takes up a lot of time.  So I thought, why not offer free horse ads to rescue organizations for their adoptable horses?  Well, maybe it’s not entirely free because I did ask them to reciprocate by putting a link to HRN on their site or something like that – but I guess I view this more as helping each other out.  And really, if they don’t to offer any form of advertising for HRN, I’ll still post their horses for free.  It’s about helping the horses more than anything – and I hope that came across in my letters and emails!

Below is a copy of the letter I sent out so if you know of someone who runs a rescue organization for horses, please send them a copy or get them to contact me because I’m sure I didn’t get letters out to all the rescue organizations in Canada – but I would like to!


Horse Resource Network (HRN) is an online website dedicated to helping people in the horse community buy, sell and market horses and horse-related products and services.  HRN is committed to providing clients with the best service possible by continuously striving to improve your online experience.

HRN is taking an active role in the horse community.  2011 will see HRN sending out direct mail advertising, attending shows, clinics and other events, hosting contests and giveaways, and sponsoring events and athletes!  These activities are geared towards driving, and increasing, traffic to the HRN website. 

We would very much like to work with rescue organizations like yours to find new homes for adoptable horses.  Therefore, we’d like to propose a reciprocal marketing arrangement in which we’ll list your adoptable horses for free on HRN (including their own spot on the homepage ad rotation).  In exchange, we would appreciate if your organization would provide some form of marketing exposure for HRN.  This could mean a link back to HRN from your website, periodic social media mentions, etc.  We would be more than happy to discuss the different possibilities with you in more detail.

Advertising on HRN can help increase knowledge of your organization throughout the Canadian horse community.  This could lead to more donations and volunteers to help the horses!

All services offered on HRN will be free for the month of January 2011.  Regardless of any reciprocal marketing, we would be honored if your organization would list your adoptable horses on HRN during this free trial period.  Better yet, if you email me your horse’s photos and information now, I’ll make sure they’re up on the website prior to launch (January 1) and will be among the first to be on HRN.  This way, your adoptable horses will receive even more exposure!

We would be proud to work with your organization to help the horses.  Please feel free to contact us at any time with any questions you may have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment